Address: Woolhampton, Berkshire RG7 5TD
Number of Pupils: 225
Fees: Day: £6,050- £7,250; boarding: £7,550 – £9,700; pre-prep: £3,950.
Ages: Nursery & pre-prep 3-7; prep 7-13.
Head Teacher: Mr Sid Inglis, BA (Hons), P.G.C.E.
Religious Affiliation: Church of England: All faiths welcome.
Entrance Procedure: Tour of the school, registration followed by a successful taster day. We also ask for a child’s latest reports.
Contact: Mrs Tish Gauci, Registrar – Tel: 0118 971 3302
Email: [email protected]
School Visits: Open Mornings on 10 October 2020 (now full), 17 October (prep only) and 28 November (pre-prep and prep) between 10.00am and 12 noon. We also welcome individual visits during term-time.
A first-class, progressive education in preparation for Common Entrance/scholarship to the first-choice senior school. We have an excellent track record of our pupils gaining places and scholarships at leading public schools.
Games & The Arts
Sport is an integral part of life at Elstree. Every child receives daily sport coaching and can represent the school. With four choirs, orchestras, ensembles, and 75 per cent learning an instrument, music is also thriving at Elstree. Drama plays a huge role with multiple school productions per year.
Elstree School prides itself on the individual care that each child receives. Our dedicated staff play an essential role in supporting the pastoral programme which is a fundamental part of life in and out of the classroom. Each child’s academic and personal progress is monitored, attesting to our belief that personal growth and academic development derive from a happy, caring environment where children are encouraged and feel valued.
Senior Exit Schools
Eton, Radley, Bradfield, Marlborough, Sherborne, Winchester and Wellington
Eton, Radley, Bradfield, Sherborne, Stowe, Wellington and Winchester
Head Teacher’s Philosophy
At Elstree we are academically ambitious and provide a first-class, all-round education. Our pupils go on to the top public schools and we are immensely proud of the strong Common Entrance and scholarship record. The emphasis is on building confidence, developing talent and maximising potential.
- Elstree is a day and boarding school for boys and girls aged 3-13
- Set in 150 acres, Elstree has an all-weather pitch, modern music department, a lake for kayaking, and forest for bush camps and crafts.
- Children are nurtured and encouraged to work hard, but be kind. They achieve great things without feeling stressed or under pressure.
- 45 scholarships and exhibitions have been awarded to Elstree pupils since 2015.
- With class sizes averaging 13, Elstree pupils are given the opportunity to shine, and develop a sense of accomplishment and personal worth.
Back to all Schools