Address: Prior’s Field, Priorsfield Road, Godalming, Surrey GU7 2RH
Number of Pupils: 440 girls
Fees: Full boarding: £29,925; Weekly boarding: £27,900; Day: £17,700
Head Teacher: Mrs Tracy Kirnig MA, PGCE
Religious Affiliation: Non-denominational
Entrance Procedure: Main entry ages 11, 13 and 16. For entry at 11, girls attend a preview day, including interview, in November of Year 6, prior to the school’s own entrance examinations in January. To apply at 13, girls take school examinations in English, maths and science; minimum entry to sixth form is six at GCSEs grade C or above, with an A/A* in the subjects chosen for A-level.
Contact: Admissions, 01483 813402
Email: [email protected]
School Visits: Two whole school Open Days; one sixth-form evening and two meet the head coffee mornings take place during the year.
Watch the video to find out more…
The school pursues a broad and exciting curriculum, offering 25 A-levels, alternative options including a BTec in music technology and diploma in food science, and Extended Project Qualification (EPQ).
Games & The Arts
From hockey, netball, gymnastics and riding, to basketball, rugby, football and athletics, every level of sporting interest is met. On-site tennis academy; house sport, art and drama competitions; lower and upper school productions, supported by student bands and backstage teams.
Prior’s Field has always focused on the development of well qualified and well rounded, balanced young women. Here achievement comes without unnecessary stress and unhealthy intensity. Our dedicated pastoral team has an open door policy; staff work with parents to confront adolescent mental health issues head on, preventing many before they occur. Girls benefit from an annual resilience week, promoting perseverance and determination, in learning and life.
Diverse degrees at top universities, including Oxbridge and abroad.
Head Teacher’s Philosophy
‘Entrust your daughter to us and we will return her to you at 18, as the best version of herself. Exam results are obviously important, but at the centre of our concerns is also the sort of young woman your daughter will become.’
- Founded in 1902 by Julia Huxley: a brilliant scholar – she had gained a First in English Literature from Somerville College, Oxford – and gifted teacher, her ambition was to create a pioneering school for girls.
- One of Prior’s Field’s original students – its only ever male pupil – was Julia’s seven year old son, later the novelist, Aldous Huxley.
- All sixth formers in 2016 taking the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), highly regarded by universities, gained an A* or A.
- A quarter of pupils board on a full or weekly basis, helped to settle in by boarding dogs Digby and Boo.
- Over 150 trips in the UK and abroad, enabling girls to learn beyond the classroom.
Set in 42 acres of Surrey parkland, yet minutes from the A3 to London and the South Coast; 45 minutes to Gatwick and Heathrow Airports.
Back to all Schools