Address: Pocklington School, West Green, Pocklington, York, YO42 2NJ
Number of Pupils: 780
Fees: 2017-18: Full Boarding from £19,518 – £27,528 per year, Weekly Boarding from £17,745 – £25,320 per year, Day from £7,548 – £14,124
Head Teacher: Mr Mark Ronan MA (Cantab)
Religious Affiliation: Christian ethos welcoming young people of all faiths and none.
Entrance Procedure: Selective by assessment
Contact: Admissions Officer: Mrs Fiona Lambert, 01759 321200
Email: [email protected]
School Visits: Pocklington School welcomes visits to the school Monday to Friday all year round and can be arranged by contacting the Admissions Officer.
Watch the video to find out more…
EYFS: EYFS curriculum
Pre-Prep & Prep School: National curriculum with personalised and extended learning opportunities
Senior School: National curriculum, culminating with IGCSE/GCSE
Sixth Form: A-levels, BTEC, EPQ, ECDL
Games & The Arts
Our picturesque campus extends across 65 acres in a safe rural setting on the edge of a friendly market town. We offer excellent facilities for sport, CCF, music and drama. A new art and design technology centre opens in Michaelmas 2017.
Pocklington School has an outstanding reputation for pastoral care and is known to be a friendly caring community. We aim to ensure that every pupil feels safe, secure, understood and valued, and pupils are encouraged to be self-confident and considerate of the needs of others. Staff are trained in child protection and welfare to enable them to support and guide pupils and parents.
93 per cent of 2016 students placed in firm/ insurance/ clearing place.
Head Teacher’s Philosophy
We maintain a supportive environment where pupils can explore, learn, grow and make mistakes in a community where they feel happy, safe and relaxed, yet purposeful in their learning. Our ultimate aim is to give our pupils the support and freedom they need to flourish into fully-rounded, confident adults.
• Pocklington School was founded in 1514 by lawyer and philanthropist John Dowman. Over 500 years, with support from benefactors, the site has developed and continues to evolve to meet the needs of a modern, forward looking school.
• Facilities include a 300 seat Tom Stoppard Theatre, a 200 seat Music School, indoor sports hall, swimming pool and a new Art and Design Technology Centre (opening Michaelmas 2017). In addition there are 21 acres of rugby, cricket and hockey pitches, two full-sized synthetic pitches, one floodlit, used for hockey, netball and tennis.
• The Director of Sport is the former Yorkshire Cricket Captain.
• The school has an armed forces centre, the Annand VC Cadet Centre, named after Old Pocklingtonian Richard Annand VC (25-32), who was awarded the Victoria Cross in 1940.
• William Wilberforce was a pupil at the school from 1771-76 and is famous as the parliamentary campaigner who brought about the abolition of the slave trade and the emancipation of slaves.
Back to all Schools