Address: Windsor Road, Ascot, Berkshire SL5 7LH
Number of Pupils: 217
Fees: Boarding: £9,915 | Day: Year 2 £5,485 | Years 3 and 4: £7,185 | Years 5 and 6: £7,615 | Forces bursary available.
Head Teacher: Tom Bunbury BA, P.G.C.E.
Religious Affiliation: Church of England
Entrance Procedure: Visit and meeting with headmaster– all boys assessed but no entrance exam.
Contact: Sarah Tysoe, 01344 621488
Email: [email protected]
School Visits: Next Open Mornings: Saturday 4 May and Saturday 2 November.
Outstanding record academically at both CE and scholarship level to major public schools. We aim to challenge and excite boys through inspirational teaching. Broad but challenging curriculum with small class sizes.
Games & The Arts
Rugby/football/cricket (12 teams), athletics, hockey, tennis, squash, golf, fencing, shooting, karate, scuba, polo. Covered swimming pool. Art and drama flourish. Cathedral standard choir. Three quarters learn musical instruments.
A school which celebrates individuality and where boys can still be boys. The tutor/houseparent system ensures outstanding pastoral care.
Senior Exit Schools for the Last Academic Year
Papplewick maintains its high academic record gaining no less than 21 scholarships to top independent schools in the last two years, including 2 King’s Scholarships to Eton.
Head Teacher’s Philosophy
The excellence our boys achieve is worth little unless they are happy – thus, our most coveted prize is for greatest enthusiasm for life, contribution to the community and kindness to others.
- Tatler Good Schools Guide award: Prep School of the Year 2018/19
- Exceptional scholarship record.
- Outstanding preparation for top public schools.
- Best known for happy, confident and well-mannered boys.
- Three daily London transport services run from Brook Green, Hammersmith, and Gloucester Road area.
- Comprehensive daily activities programme (30 activities including 100-strong snake club).
- Daily chapel.
- Modern and family-friendly approach to boarding.
Back to all Schools