Address: Kingswood School, Lansdown Road, Bath, BA1 5RG
Number of Pupils: 1121
Fees: Day: £3,431-£5,208; weekly boarding: £6,795-£10,142; full boarding: £8,089-£11,225. Flexible boarding options available as well as discounts for siblings and HM Forces families.
Ages: Nine months – 18 years old, with the option to board from age seven.
Head Teacher: Prep – Mr Mark Brearey; Senior – Mr Simon Morris.
Religious Affiliation: Originally a Methodist school, Kingswood welcomes pupils from all faiths and none.
Entrance Procedure: Non selective entry into the nursery and discreet observations for Reception – year two. For years three-eight, children sit admissions papers in English, maths and non-verbal reasoning. In addition, years nine and ten also take science and a foreign language. An interview and references from current school are also required. Candidates looking to enter Kingswood sixth-form will be invited to an interview. Offers will be made based on the interview, predicted GCSE results and current school reports.
Contact: Mrs Diane Patterson
Email: [email protected]
School Visits: Details regarding our open events can be found on our website. Bespoke tours can also be arranged by completing our online form in the first instance and we will be able to arrange a date that is suitable for you.
Our curriculum is engaging and interactive, through passionate teaching, small class sizes and significant support. We encourage active participation in lessons through discussion, practical activities, educational visits and role play.
Games & The Arts
The arts are extremely strong at Kingswood, inspiring true creativity and opportunities to both challenge existing principles and explore new concepts. Our games philosophy is very much ‘sport for all’, encouraging all students to be the best they can.
Kingswood has an exceptional pastoral care structure and all staff provide daily support. We aim to equip our pupils with a strong set of moral values to guide them through their lives, as well as ensuring that all of our students have the opportunity to fulfil their potential, be it through the academic, artistic, sporting or extra-curricular activities on offer.
Head Teacher’s Philosophy
‘Kingswood is a happy, vibrant and forward-looking school. Intellectual achievement is highly valued, and the pursuit of excellence in other fields is central to the school’s commitment to provide the very best all-round education. At the core of a Kingswood education is our belief that every individual has talents to be discovered and nurtured and that our challenge is to develop these while preparing our students for their future beyond school.’
- Support for working parents is very much part of the Kingswood ethos. Our nursery welcomes children from nine months old and is open for 45 weeks of the year, with an option of a further five. ‘Wrap Around Care’ is also available for all year groups.
- Kingswood is widely recognised as one of the top schools for sport in the south-west, with our students competing at both national and international levels.
- With over 100 co-curricular activities on offer to pupils during the week and at weekends, we offer something for everyone.
- We are fortunate to have strong links with various professional sports clubs so that we can further support gifted and talented athletes in fulfilling their potential.
- The Kingswood community recognises the need to help others. The school is proud of the consistent eagerness of its students to raise funds for those in need. Every term sees boys and girls create charity-based assemblies and follow-up work for the good of others, keeping in line with our founder, John Wesley’s ethos.
- Pupils have opportunities that go above and beyond the classroom, including Bath’s first education-based STEAM and Innovation Centre at the prep school; an unrivalled space that will equip children with the practical skills needed in an ever-changing workplace.
Back to all Schools