Address: King’s Rochester, Satis House, Boley Hill, Rochester, Kent ME1 1TE
Founded: 604 AD
Number of Pupils: 630
Fees: £9,840 – £18,710 per annum
Principal: Mr Jeremy Walker
Religious Affiliation: Church of England
Entrance Procedure: Selective, means tested
Contact: Registrar, 01634 888590
Email: [email protected]
School Visits: Open Days 30 September 2017 9.15am-12pm & 24th February 2018 & 12 May 2018.
A wide choice of languages, arts, humanities and science subjects to meet the requirements of the National Curriculum and to provide a strong base for GCSE and A-level options.
Games & The Arts
New sports centre plus playing fields, swimming pool and boathouse. New drama studio with latest digital sound and light equipment and part of the RSC Learning network. Musical strength from cathedral choir. Students perform regionally and nationally across all areas.
The school is privileged to use Rochester Cathedral as its school chapel and an active chaplaincy works across the school supporting the whole community. Small size forms are placed within the house system and tutors move with the pupils up the year groups, supported by the pastoral deputy head, boarding house mistresses and tutors, school nurses and designated safeguarding leads for holistic care.
Many students accept offers from top universities and arts colleges.
Head Teacher’s Philosophy
A community that enables individuals to flourish.
- Second oldest school in the UK offering traditional British private education in a safe, historic setting
- Cathedral choir school with high standard of music performance
- Extensive sports facilities
- Small class sizes within happy and welcoming environment
- Many teachers leaders in their field, including drama RSC lead tutor, computing school lead
- Old Roffensian network assist future job opportunities through bespoke website
Back to all Schools