Address: Kew College, 24-26 Cumberland Road, Kew, Surrey TW9 3HQ
Number of Pupils: 296
Fees: Nursery – £2,450 per term; Kindergarten-Year 6 – £4,250 per term. Bursaries are available for those entering in Years 3 and 4.
Head Teacher: Mrs Marianne Austin BSc (Hons) MA (Hons) ACA PGCE
Religious Affiliation: Non-denominational
Entrance Procedure: Children must be registered as soon as possible after birth
Contact: Mrs Michelle Warburton, 020 8940 2039
Email: [email protected]
School Visits: Please contact the registrar to arrange a visit or to attend an Open Morning.
The importance of English, maths and science is emphasised at the school, but within a broad curriculum, which includes art, drama, French, Latin, history, geography, technology, music and sport.
Games & The Arts
Netball, hockey, rounders, rugby, football, swimming, athletics and gymnastics. Inter-school matches. Drama and music are encouraged, there are summer plays and Christmas and spring concerts, as well as several school choirs, an orchestra, string and wind groups.
The welfare and happiness of the children is of primary importance to us. This was highlighted in the ISI Inspection report of October 2010 which concluded that, ‘pupils’ personal development and the school’s arrangements for welfare, health and safety are outstanding.’
Year 6 pupils this year were awarded 29scholarships.
Head Teacher’s Philosophy
Pupils should feel excited about learning and about communicating their ideas. They need an excellent grounding in core skills combined with inspirational teaching to give them the confidence to achieve their personal best in all curricular and extracurricular areas. Mutual respect between staff and pupils is of paramount importance.
- Kew College is an outstanding prep school achieving high academic standards and a consistent record of scholarships to west London secondary schools.
- ISI Inspection report October 2010 rated our pastoral care ‘outstanding’.
- In the ISI Regulatory Compliance Inspection of November 2016 the school was deemed to have met all of the ISI standards, with no action points.
- Well-resourced ICT facilities.
- Residential week in France for Year 6 pupils.
- Traditional teaching with a creative flair.
Back to all Schools