Address: Haileybury School, Haileybury, Hertford SG13 7NU
Number of Pupils: 875
Fees: Senior boarding: £12,048–£36,144
Senior day: £8,882–£26,646
Lower School boarding: £7,643–£22,929
Lower School day: £5,904–£17,712
Head Teacher: Mr Martin Collier MA BA PGCE
Religious Affiliation: Christian
Entrance Procedure: Academically selective with entry in Years 7, 9 and 12.
Contact: Mrs Michele Metcalfe, Registrar; 01992 706353
Email: [email protected]
School Visits: To get an impression of life at Haileybury attend an Open Day or arrange an individual appointment.
Watch the video to find out more…
A broad curriculum in Lower School (Years 7-8). A wide range of I/GCSE in the Main School. The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) or A-levels in sixth-form.
Games & The Arts
We empower each child to follow their passions and build self-confidence. There is an abundance of co-curricular activities from core sports cricket, hockey, netball and rugby to music, drama, scuba diving and bee-keeping.
The bedrock of a Haileybury education is outstanding pastoral care. The heart of which is our boarding house system, with pupils staying with the same house from Year 9 through to sixth-form. Pupils build bonds for life, sharing challenges and successes. Service plays a special role too as part of our philosophy to shape generous and compassionate individuals who are ready and willing to give back to society.
65 per cent of pupils go on to Russell Group universities.
Head Teacher’s Philosophy
A nurturing environment and spiritual encouragement underpin our endeavours and help shape the distinctive characteristics of Haileyburians. Our goal is for our young men and women to leave Haileybury fully equipped with the life skills and the academic credentials necessary for them to flourish in a competitive global employment market.
- Ranked by The Sunday Times as:
- in the top six co-educational boarding schools for the International Baccalaureate
- in the top 20 co-educational boarding schools in London and the South East
- the 51st best performing co-educational boarding school across the UK (up 45 places since last year)
- An historic 500 acre campus with the largest academic quad in Europe.
- Former professionals head up highly successful rugby and hockey teams.
- Haileybury Youth Trust – our charity in Uganda.
- Model United Nations conference – the largest of its kind in the UK.
- Flagship school for use of Artificial Intelligence to support learning
Back to all Schools