Address: d’Overbroeck’s, 333 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 7PL
Number of Pupils: Years 7–11: 190 | Sixth Form: 338
Fees: Years 7–11 (day students only) tuition £5,910 per term | Sixth Form tuition: £7,950 per term | Boarding: £3,000 to 4,950 per term (weekly boarding option available)
Head Teacher: Mrs Emma-Kate Henry
Religious Affiliation: Non-denominational
Entrance Procedure: Years 7–9: Assessment, reference and interview | Sixth Form: predicted GCSE grades, school reference and interview
Contact: Mrs Lynne Berry, Senior Registrar, 020 7591 2631
Email: [email protected]
School Visits: Individual visits by appointment throughout the year. Next Open Morning: 6th October 2018. Sixth Form Open Evening: 13 November 2018
In the Sixth Form there is an outstanding range of A level subject choices in any combination, plus enrichment. Specialist programmes for Oxbridge/Medicine/ Law, etc.
Games & The Arts
Busy sports and activities programme across the school with very strong arts, drama and music departments. New facilities in sixth form including drama and music studios. Brand new Sixth Form building (and boarding) including art, photography, drama and music studios.
Outstanding pastoral care regularly praised by students and parents. Major strength is support and encouragement for students. d’Overbroeck’s is very much a ‘people place’ where each individual thrives. First name terms highlight a sense of working together; underpinned by high level of mutual respect. Small tutor groups in Lower School. In Sixth Form each student has a Director of Studies who meets with them individually to discuss progress. Parents kept very well informed. Parent/student satisfaction is exceptional.
Excellent record of entrance to top UK (and US) universities plus drama, music and art schools.
Head Teacher’s Philosophy
d’Overbroeck’s is built on personal relationships, a lack of stuffiness and a strong conviction that every individual lies at the heart of the school. Students are creative, think for themselves and relish stretching the boundaries of their knowledge and do very well academically. A school of energy, laughter and achievement.
- Inclusive, collaborative approach with strong focus on learning being enjoyable as well as successful.
- Students’ views are valued and listened to; teaching is interactive and motivating in small classes.
- Students gain confidence in expressing themselves more effectively, in questioning, being independent thinkers, debating and feeling happy in themselves.
- Large direct entry at Sixth Form (day and boarding).
- Outstanding value added, Top 1% in country for progress at A level. 63% A*/A at A level last year.
- Superb new sixth form, and boarding facilities.
Back to all Schools