Address: 60 Bassett Road, London W10 6JP
Number of Pupils: 180+
Fees: £3,070 – £6,400 per term
Head Teacher: Mrs Philippa Cawthorne MA (Soton) PGCE
Religious Affiliation: Non-denominational
Entrance Procedure:Non-selective in the early years and places offered from Form 1 upwards after a taster morning and academic assessment.
Contact: Thalia Demetriades, Registrar, 020 8969 0313
Email: [email protected]
School Visits: Check the website for open morning dates, or contact the Registrar to arrange a tour
Rich and diverse curriculum led by subject specialists with academic rigour so that children are able to reach their full potential and develop skills for life.
Games & The Arts
Specialist teachers for PE, music and art teach to a very high standard using excellent facilities in or close to school including the school’s own gym, Kensington Memorial Park and from September 2019, a new performance studio.
Excellence in pastoral care at Bassett House recognised by TES in the 2019 shortlist for their healthy schools award. Robust system for checking on pupils’ happiness in place and high staff to child ratio ensures that all children are known inside out. Support given, if necessary, through intervention sessions or advice from the school’s own life coach. Close links with parents ensures that everything is done to ensure that the children are happy at school.
UCS, Latymer Upper, Godolphin and Latymer, Notting Hill and Ealing, Francis Holland Regent’s Park, Emanuel and Queen’s College.
Head Teacher’s Philosophy
Each child’s formative years are crucial for academic success; children should enjoy school and be able to develop skills in many different areas. Bassett House is characterised by its warm and nurturing atmosphere, in which every child feels secure and is challenged to build a firm educational foundation
- Success without stress (each child reaches his or her academic potential in a supportive yet challenging environment) and outstanding pastoral care.
- Children develop an inner core of confidence wherever their strengths lie.
- Maximising opportunities to develop in all curriculum areas with academic rigour.
- Developing skills for life, including; a growth mindset, grit and determination and an ability to problem solve and work well in a team.
- Close knit community of parents, staff and children.
Back to all Schools